For supporting users' collaborative and individual study in the Library, a number of notebook PCs, MacBooks and iPads are provided for short term loan to PolyU staff and students.
Equipment for Loan
|Notebook PC (with MS Office)||View Details|
|Apple MacBook Air||View Details|
|Apple MacBook Pro||View Details|
|Apple iPad Pro with Pencil||View Details|
Current PolyU students, faculty and staff
Notebook & Tablet Self-Service Kiosk near 4/F Technical Support Desk.
How to borrow:
Check out with the Self-service Kiosk. For instruction, please see below:
- Equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The equipment must be used inside the Library only.
- Up to 5 hours or one hour before the Library closes, whichever is earlier.
- The overdue charge is HK$10 per hour.
- No advance booking, renewals or overnight loan.
- Only one notebook computer or tablet will be checked out per person.
- All equipment and its peripherals must be returned to the 4/F Self-service kiosk
- Users must inspect the equipment with a Library Staff to ensure that the equipment is in good working order.
- They should allow 10 minutes for the procedure.
- Any problems with the hardware or software should be reported immediately to the Library Staff.
- Never return the equipment and the accessories to the Library Book Drop.
Points to Note
Data Erasing: Always save your files to your own devices or cloud storage services. All data will be erased once the computer is restarted or turned off. Apple ID and pass corde must be reset before returned.
Security: Never leave the equipment or its accessories unattended or remove it from the Library building. Do not modify the hardware or software of the equipment, or install any software or apps in the equipment.
Liability: Borrowers assume full financial responsibility for the cost of repair or replacement of any lost, stolen or damaged equipment and its peripherals. In addition to a processing charge of $50, the replacement cost is $6,390 for HP Pavilion x360, $8,500 for MacBook, $5424 for iPad Pro, $745 for Apple Pencil and $3,900 for iPad.
Technical Support Desk, 4/F (Tel: 2766-6909)